The purpose of the Site Safety Coach is to support leadership to develop and maintain a safety culture that supports the achievement of a work environment where people do not get hurt.
Leadership on-site will be given extended focus to work with their leadership capabilities and skills and see how such elements can be transmitted into behaviours that they can be reflected in the way they lead their people
Key to the role of a Safety Coach is their capacity to assess complex human situations and deliver sound advice based on the principles of human behaviour. The coaches for this project will be fluent in Arabic and English with extensive experience working in the Middle East.
The coaching process will start with module sessions to establish the foundation such sessions will be delivered in parallel with the core coaching activities to brief and help people understand the essentials of safe behaviours, people will mainly but not strict to be coached against the principles in such sessions. It will help them get engaged in and create a culture of safety where people work safely because they believe it’s the right thing to do and not because they have to. These module sessions will basically cover the following topics
Typically, their tasks will include:
- Module1: The foundations of culture of safety
- Module 2: Our role in creating a Safety 24/7 Culture
- Module3: Strengthening our Safety through Safety 24/7 Conversations
- Module 4: Each of us Lead Safety
- Module 5: Communication… A key Element
- Module 6: Our Behaviours Impact Safety
Assess the level of safety behaviour and effective use of safety tools at site through the use of methodologies such observation, questioning, and discussions
Facilitate any relevant workshops and other interventions around Safety Leadership and areas of safety development identified through observations and discussion and as required by the site leadership.
Support the site leadership in their efforts to achieve the safety vision. This includes providing advice to and raising issue
Provide feedback, coaching and mentoring to site personnel at all levels. The primary coaching candidates will improve their competencies in areas such as (but not limited to) preparing Risk Assessment & Job Hazard Analysis, and Permits to Work
Observe work safety behaviour. Provide feedback on safe work observations to work groups in Toolbox Risk Assessments (TBRAs) meetings. Engage and encourage personnel to work safely. Coaches would provide specific focus on:
- Leadership Language
- Conducting Safety-related Meetings
- At-Risk Behaviours
- Stop Work Authority
- Observation Cards
- Safety 24/7 Conversation
- Seek out and take opportunities to liaise with personnel and assist them in understanding it is their behaviour, values and beliefs that will ultimately keep them safe by using correct systems and procedures.
- Prepare and submit an end of visit Safety Assessment report with recommendations.